Thursday, March 1, 2012

TECH Thursday: Google Privacy – How to Remove Google Web Data History

  by Shinazy



Today Google has one Privacy Policy and now all the info Google gathers on us from various Google products and services, e.g. gmail, google+, google docs, YouTube, Picasa, will be in one place.


Although we are unable to eliminate the Google eye-in-the-sky, by removing Google Web Data History  we can limit some of the data that’s gathered.

Here’s what I did yesterday:

  • I signed into one of my Google accounts – gmail
  • In the upper right corner, I clicked on my photo (or avatar)
  • In the menu that appeared, click on “Account settings
  • Scroll down to ‘Services
  • To the right of ‘View, enable, or disable web history”, click “Go to web history
  • Enter your Password
  • If you see your web history listed, then near the top of the page, click the gray area titled “Remove all Web History”
  • Click ‘OK’

All your web history should be gone!  And, near the top of the page, you should see “Web History is paused,” which means your web history will no longer be tracked.

You can reverse your decision by clicking the blue box titled ‘Resume’

I’ll keep you posted if I uncover more ways to shade our personal information from the all-knowing Google.


photo by courosa




No comments:

Post a Comment