Two weeks ago in the Tech Thursday story titled, Facebook Timeline Is Coming, I mentioned that my favorite word related to the Facebook Timeline was the word HOVER.
To create or change your Timeline Cover Photo - the big picture that splashes across the top of your page - you must HOVER in the area where the Cover Photo would appear.
- In the Cover Photo area you will see above the Update Info Activity Log a box that reads Change Cover
- Click on the upside down triangle
- You will then see
- If you select Choose From Photos, these are pictures you previously posted on Facebook
- You can select Upload Photo, which should take you to where you saved all your pictures on your computer
Once you selected / uploaded the picture you want for your Cover Photo you can move your photo Up and Down to position how you want it to appear to your friends.
- Put your curser on your Cover Picture and hold down your mouse button, then move your mouse up and down, your Cover Picture should move
- Then click Save Changes
Voila ! You now have a great big photo displayed on your Facebook Timeline.
Have fun with this feature. I change my Cover Photo to match the picture used with each BOBB story. So, if you watch my Facebook Timeline Cover Photo it will let you know a new story has been published on Bitchin’ Ol’ Boomer Babe http://bobbblogg.blogspot.com/
Let me know if you need help with any of the Facebook Timeline features; I'm here to help.
photo by stoneysteiner