Thursday, February 16, 2012

TECH Thursday: How to Change your Facebook Cover Photo

     by Shinazy
Two weeks ago in the Tech Thursday story titled, Facebook Timeline Is Coming, I mentioned that my favorite word related to the Facebook Timeline was the word HOVER.

To create or change your Timeline Cover Photo - the big picture that splashes across the top of your page - you must HOVER in the area where the Cover Photo would appear.

  • In the Cover Photo area you will see above the  Update Info Activity Log  a box that reads  Change Cover
  • Click on the upside down triangle 
  • You will then see
  • If you select  Choose From Photos, these are pictures you previously posted on Facebook  
OR
  • You can select  Upload Photo, which should take you to where you saved all your pictures on your computer
Once you selected / uploaded the picture you want for your Cover Photo you can move your photo Up and Down to position how you want it to appear to your friends.
  • Put your curser on your Cover Picture and hold down your mouse button, then move your mouse up and down, your Cover Picture should move


  • Then click   Save Changes
Voila !    You now have a great big photo displayed on your Facebook Timeline.
Have fun with this feature.  I change my Cover Photo to match the picture used with each BOBB story.  So, if you watch my Facebook Timeline Cover Photo it will let you know a new story has been published on Bitchin’ Ol’ Boomer Babe  http://bobbblogg.blogspot.com/
Let me know if you need help with any of the Facebook Timeline features; I'm here to help.



photo by stoneysteiner




7 comments:

  1. I'm holding out til Facebook forces a change.. :)!
    ~ Tracey H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey,

      When that day arrives, return to the BOBB TECH THURSDAYs for helpful tips.

      ~ Shinazy, BOBB founder and tech geek

      Delete
    2. alrighty......it works for me, new cover photo!!

      Delete
    3. Bobbi, Great Cover Photo! so happy I could help.

      Delete
  2. Shinazy, Just read both of your Facebook blogs. Thanks. I'm not feeling so afraid of being forced into the new Timeline format. But, I'll wait until it comes to me, lol!
    ~ Julie T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, Happy to hear you have less fear ;-) When the time comes, I'm here to help.

      Delete
  3. Mahalo, Shinazy for pushing me to add a cover pic. A little slice of paradise! Come visit the islands some time... Michele

    ReplyDelete